Breast lift is also called mastopexy. This is a procedure to reposition the nipple and areola (the darker area of skin around the nipple) to lift them and remove excessive tissue of breast.
Mastopexy can be performed at any age when breasts reach full size. It shall be noted that breast lift can be performed in nulliparous patients (has not had any children), because, most probably, patient will be able to breast-feed in future.
Before the surgery surgeon marks the position of the nipple and areola. Sometimes this surgery is done along with breast augmentation with implants surgery. During the surgery surgeon removes breast tissue, lifts other tissues to the desired place and repositions the nipple and areola.
Drainage is used after the surgery within the entire postoperative period of time in order to remove fluid that tends to accumulate.
- Surgeon changes bandage the next day after the surgery. At the same time surgeon decides on further need of drainage. During the first replacement of bandage it is essential to examine the nipple and areola and assess the bloodstream.
- During the first few days after the surgery patient could feel pain in breasts, that is why it is required to take analgesics and painkillers.
- It is recommended to wear special bra. In this case patient shall wear a bra for 1.5 months after the surgery.
- After 10-12 days after the surgery non- dissolvable stiches are removed.
- When stitches are removed and scars healed treatment with scar treatment gels shall be started. For some time scars are extensive, then gradually become less obvious and after 1-1.5 years they become fade.
- During the first 6 months after the surgery shape of breast could change because tissues will become softer and only then patient will be able to see the final look of her breasts.