Breast reduction is also called reduction mammoplasty. This is a procedure to remove excess breast fat and tissue to change the breast shape and size. In this procedure the areola (the darker area of skin around the nipple) is reshaped as well.
Lately popularity of this surgical procedure grows all over the world. This happens because overly large breasts are associated with various health disorders: pain in back, neck and shoulder areas, breathing problems, etc. For these reasons, more and more women decide to refer to breast correction specialists.
Before the surgery surgeon marks incision patterns, position of the nipple and areola.
The surgery is done under general anaesthesia. Duration of the surgery is 3-4 hours.
For preventive purposes surgeon could use antibiotics during the surgery in order to eliminate risk of infections.
- Bandage shall be replaced and incision places disinfected with alcoholic solutions every day.
- Hospital treatment can last for 2-4 days after the surgery.
- In about 10 days after the surgery treatment of post-surgical scars with scar treatment gels shall be started.
- About 8 weeks after the surgery it is recommended to wear special bra at day and night.
- Any physical activity shall be limited for about 6-8 weeks after the surgery